2.29.2012

i {miss} be yoga

this title makes me think of the poem from the movie 'my girl:'

i like ice cream
a whole lot
it tastes great
when days are hot

on a cone
or in a dish
this would be
my only wish

vanilla chocolate
rocky road
even with pie
a la mode

i don't know if those are the correct words, but that's how i remember them. 

mmm....ice cream!!! 

speaking of ice cream, meet my new favorite flavor - jimmy fallon's late night snack!  and yes, those are real potato chips (I KNOW!!):

i haven't been to the yoga studio in (GASP) 10 days.  i need to get out of the feeling-guilty-about-not-being-with-my-kids-and-having-someone-else-pick-them-up-and-needing-to-do-laundry-etc. thing and go ahead and sign up for another month (and another, and another).  home practices don't cut it for me.  there is nothing that compares to the feeling of practicing in my yoga studio (be yoga, i heart you).

since the end of the 40-day, i have a taken a little break from logging everything i eat, and i've even had (GASP again) ICE CREAM.  real, fattening ice cream.  i also ran a mile and a half.  again, just a start. ;)  as of today, i'm down 20 pounds since i started the 40-day. 

even though i've lost weight, i don't feel as grounded nor as at peace.

i miss be yoga
a whole lot
i really love it
especially hot

in the zone
feeling all zen
breathing out
and breathing in

i will sign up
and i will go
to the be yoga
studio

i also composed a rap in sixth grade, but i will spare you.

-until later,
jeri

5 comments:

  1. I think I can safely speak for be yoga and say that be yoga hearts and missed you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to hear the rap. ;) 20 lbs?! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and I am so proud of you. And I love that you still write poetry - and remember the silly ones you heard as a kid!!! I love reading your poetry b/c it lifts me up and it gives me even deeper and more wonderful glimpses of my beautiful daughter. Rap?....well, just b/c you wrote it, I'm sure I'd enjoy it, too. Do you need my old record player to make the background scratching noises? just askin' ..... Seriously, I love you so much. God truly blessed me when He allowed me to be your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20lbs is incredible.

    Yes, sign up again. can you do like 3-4 days a week instead of 7? I think that's probably the ticket :) My own exercise and eating habits ebb and flow too, usually due to the working mother guilt/exhaustion thing.

    Keep on this journey :)

    ReplyDelete