2.16.2012

the end is only the {beginning}

i made it!  

today is day 40.  i never realized just how much yoga would change and affect me.

-physically, i lost 19 pounds (ahem, really 18.8, but may i count the .2?).  i see and feel muscles that i haven't been able to in - seriously - over 10 years.  but really? it goes much deeper than that....

-i am strong.  i have much much more weight to lose, but MY body, the size that it is, the weight that i still carry, MADE IT.  i MADE it.  my body may be imperfect, but i am strong.  and both my body and my mind made it through this challenge.  i can hold poses that i never thought i could, and was FAR from holding, just 40 days ago.  neither my body nor my mind failed me.
(this has been on my bathroom mirror for the past 40 days)

-i am learning to 'just breathe.' i try to take each moment as it happens and just. breathe.

-i eat mindfully.  i've worked very hard these past 40 days, and i don't want to get back to where i started.  i will NEVER be back to that weight, or how i felt emotionally, again.  i am not strict in that i won't eat 'bad' food, but i am mindful about it.  i still log everything at www.myfitnesspal.com.  

-i am still thirsty.  my google reader is full of positive, motivating blogs.  i signed up for a 2-yr. subscription to 'yoga journal.'  i want to constantly improve - spiritually, physically, emotionally and financially.

-i am more confident in that perhaps people aren't judging me as much as i thought they were.  i am more than just an overweight, quiet girl. :)  i have a lot to offer.  i put myself out there, opening up to people, by just going to the yoga studio... and i have met some extremely amazing people.

my first goal is at it's end.  and i met it.  i practiced yoga for 40 days.  in a row.  but, this is not the end.  this is the beginning.

i am jeri.  
i am strong.  
i am open.  
i am thirsty.  
i am constantly improving.  
i am - on my way - to happy.

(after my last hot class on day 40)

-until next time,
jeri

9 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jeri! I'm so happy for you reaching your goal! This post was very inspiring. Look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome - my daughter is seeing herself as I have always seen her :) I love you so very, very much, and I am so proud of your accomplishments!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're AWESOME!!!! SO proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What your Mom said is so well stated. You are finally able to see yourself as we see you - beautiful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What your Mom said is so well stated. You are finally able to see yourself as we see you - beautiful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete