7.19.2012

{I'M} Back!

i had been away from the yoga studio since february.  i know, i know.  it's hard for me to believe, especially as i read through my old posts about how much i love yoga.  i don't know why it took me so long to get back into the studio. 

i do believe some of it was ego.


over the past 4 months since i've practiced in the studio, i have continued (well, stopped, started, stopped, started) my journey. 

i really started again - for the final time - on 06.11.12.  over those 4 months that i was absent, i had gained back 8 pounds i did not feel good.  it's because i didn't practice yoga nor track what i ate.  i know it is, and i knew i would gain if i didn't.  i need to figure out why i let myself do that.  again.

since june 11th:
- - - i have decided to move at least 30 minutes 5 times a week
- - - i have decided to log what i eat
- - - i have fallen in love with green smoothies
- - - i have a husband and children who are with me during my journey (the kids love the smoothies!  and want to exercise!  my husband and i joined a gym and go together)
- - - i have introduced my mom to the yoga studio (it's amazing to share my experience with her)
- - - i have lost 8.2 (i have to count the .2!) pounds
- - - i feel stronger - both physically and mentally
- - - i have found ME again

I AM BACK.

nothing compares to how i feel after a yoga class.  now that mom practices, she can understand, but i don't think you can truly understand unless you try it. :)

i still have my moments - we all do.  i try to fight back the tears and anger i feel when i can't get into a pose because of my fat (yep, i know) or when i see myself in the mirror at the gym.  i am angry because i let myself get this way.  i am angry because i KNOW i could do it, if i weren't so overweight.  but, i'm THERE.  i'm working on it.  i'm working on ME.  i remember my strength.  and i remember that i'm a work in progress.


I AM BACK.  and i'm loving it.

until next time,
-j

(both photos from pinterest)

5 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO glad you are back!!!! SOOOOOO glad you introduced me to yoga!!!! And SOOOOO glad we can journey together to better health for both of us. I love you so much!!!! Proud to be your Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Your honesty about your journey is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! and although I know you were discouraged by gaining some of your loss back---it could have been a lot more over 4 months! So I say be encouraged that it was "only" 8lbs, but now hopefully you won't see them again. Keep it up girl! So glad your family is with you in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep Up the Story.. Story of your Success!

    ReplyDelete