1.25.2012

i am thirsty

my journey thus far has been incredible.  if even just to me.

i FEEL better, i have lost weight (13 pounds and counting), i am stronger, i found a love in yoga, i have made great strides in my personal life (perhaps i will share one day)...and i am thirsty.

i thirst for more of God's Word, i thirst for yoga, i thirst for happiness, i thirst for continuous self-improvement...

a girl in my 40-day group posted the following picture onto our facebook group.  i found it on pinterest:


for most of my life, i have not actually 'lived'.  i have used the way i look as an excuse.  an excuse not to go shopping (why stand around while others try on clothes that don't fit me?), to go out in college (who would want to look at me?), to go to the gym (with everyone else looking hot while they sweat... while i just looked sweaty), etc. etc..

so, even SHOWING UP at the yoga studio was a HUGE step for me. :)  and i am so glad i had the courage to do so.

because while i was missing out on EXPERIENCES in my life, i was minimizing my own determination.  my own strength. 

i have every right to live life and experience, just like everyone else who i used to think deserved it more than me.

i am MORE than the way i look.  i am beginning to realize that now.  i have a lot to offer to the people around me.

i am so THIRSTY to continue to improve myself - spiritually, mentally, physically... and i thank you for supporting me in my journey.

-j

3 comments:

  1. You are so eloquent with your words, and your story and honesty is beautiful - just as you are beautiful. I am so happy that you are seeing your worth, and seeing the Jeri that all of us have always known. I love you, my daughter - my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the year of YOU!! Do you have the Jesus Calling devo or app? I have the app (5.99 I think) and I love it! It's a short devo with scriptures after and when I'm needing more of God, I can open it and read and be so encouraged

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can already see you growing through this process! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete